Young People aged 16 and under 18
• Participants aged over 16 years and under 18 years require written parental authorisation to attend and, if the parents / legal guardian of the young people do not attend, the details of a responsible guardian or supervisory person are required.
• If you're between 16 and 18 years old so you have to print off and complete two copies of the form for permission to attend and get these signed by your parent or guardian. In addition, if they are not attending, the details and signature of the person who will be responsible for you must also be on the form – this person must be over 18!
Children and young people under 16 years
• Children and young people under 16 are allowed to participate only in the company of a their parents or guardians. They must carry a completed form from the parent or guardian at all times.
The Chaos Camp
• The Chaos camp is only open to participants over the age of 18 years.
• If you are not in the company of your parent or guardian: The relevant completed form must be presented at the entrance to the event site and, in addition, a copy must be carried with you throughout the event and produced whenever so required. If you can not do this you will be handed over to event security.
• If a parent or guardian accompanies you: The completed form must be presented at the entrance and a copy must be carried with you throughout the event and produced whenever so required.
• The named adult on the form assumes responsibility and liability for the minor on the Drachenfest. This responsibility is connected with statutory guidelines. It always requires the active exercise of supervisory discretion of the named adult. It is therefore not sufficient just to say you will be responsible – you must be actively responsible! You must be in the same camp/area and it is your responsibility to decide what level of participation the young attendee may be involved with. Ultimately you are responsible for all their actions so it is in your best interests to ensure they both behave and are safe.
• Battle regulation: Participation in the final battle and other major battles (as a rule of thumb anything involving 200 + fighters or in close quarters) is prohibited regardless of the wishes of the parents/guardians for persons under 16.
The normal legislative (JÖSchg, Alcohol free, etc.) naturally applies at the Drachenfest as well as everywhere in Germany.
If an SL sends you from any combat then you must follow their instructions, regardless of whether your adult supervisor is present. The organisation retains this right at all times.
How much do children and young people pay?
Children under 6 are free.
Children from 6 to 12 years pay 50% of the current season price.
Adolescents 12 to 18 years to pay the current season price.